Tuesday, November 6, 2012

A Little Bit of Enid

Sooooo guess what! Ian and I were thrifting the other day at a local flea market and I came across this little beauty! An Enid Collins Original! Imagine the look on my face when I saw the trademark "ec" in the corner and the price tag only said $20.00!!! After snatching it up and doing some research, I've concluded that it is indeed an original creation of Enid Collins that she made and sold prior to the sale of her company.
After Enid sold her business, she still oversaw the design process and production but the bags were not created by her by hand. The lower case "ec" is the telltale sign of a coveted original!

She makes such cute and fun designs! I was initially drawn to look at the purse because of it's cat motif (It's the crazy cat lady in me), and I'm excited that this particular one is the first that I add to my personal collection!
This will definitely go down in history as one of my favorite thrift finds of all time!

<3
E

No comments: