Thursday, November 8, 2012

Project Life//Major Catchup #2


Week of September 30- October 6
I love the way this layout turned out, but MAN was it a tricky one. I don't know why some weeks just take a lot more effort and a lot longer to finish, but this one was a humdinger! I really didn't have all that much happen this particular week, but I had a lot to say about little parts of it!
I threw in a little mint green this week to match a photo, which is a different twist on the color palette I've been playing with throughout the album.
The Instagram is sandwiched on the back of a Hambly printed overlay lined up with another Instagram from the week before.


I love that adorable little felt cupcake to illustrate our cupcake date. :)
I wanted to include the Gigi's Cupcakes menu, so I cut down a regular 8.5x11" page protector and used that to make it an insert.
Contents of Page 1: Clementine Core Kit journal cards, We R Memory Keepers journal cards, Me & My Big Ideas Mambi sheets paper, kraft, photos/Instagrams, Paper Studio bold letter stickers, Remarks sticker letters, tag pad quote bubble, Hambly Screen Prints printed overlay, snippet from a Madewell catalog, felt cupcake, piece from the Gigi's Cupcakes box, menu, Paper Studio stick on gem, and gift tag from Target

Page 2 I kept really really simple. Lots of pockets with just a background paper and one item on it, which isn't usually my style, but it worked this time around.
Got to include stuffs from my TOMS shoes purchase, which is awesome because I always feel like I stick my TOMS sticker on something insignificant. haha
I carried the color palette through the other page with the mint green and pulled the light blue from the TOMS sticker onto one of the background papers. Also, that polka dot craft paper is a favorite of mine.

Contents of Page 2: Clementine Core Kit journal cards, We R Memory Keepers journal cards, Colorbök matte stack paper, LilyBee Designs bicycle paper, Paper Studio polka dot kraft paper, photos/Instagrams, TOMS sticker and tag, celebrate ticket stub tag, washi tape, hand-carved ghost stamp, and Staz-On ink in black

I know this PL post was a little long-winded but it's fitting because it took me so long to assemble. haha I'm slowly getting caught up with all these weeks and one of these days I'll be doing them on time! HA!
<3
E

No comments: