Monday, November 5, 2012

Project Life// Major Catch-up #1

I've been doing some major Catch-up with this Project Life thing this week. It seems like I'm always inspired to do it when I have a million other things on my plate, but hey! You gotta strike while the iron's hot, right!? So this post encompasses 2 weeks of catch-up layouts.

Week of September 16-22
I picked up these rad journal cards from Wal-Mart the other day by We R Memory Keepers that I didn't even know existed! They're the perfect size for PL and give a nice change of pace from the Core Kit stuff you're used to.
I struggled with this layout because it's been so long since this week actually HAPPENED that I didn't have a ton to say. But the point of Project Life is to tell the main story, so I did.


Contents: Clementine Core Kit stickers, We R Memory Keepers journaling cards, cardstock, Ribbon FX printed grosgrain, Me & My Big Ideas Mambi sheets paper, Sassafrass Lass grid paper, kraft, photos/Instagrams, Heidi Swapp center of attention chipboard letters, number stickers from the Paper Studio, American Crafts Thickers, Martha Stewart animal chipboard, "hello" stamp from Wal-Mart, Staz-On ink in black, a snippet from a bank brochure, a cardboard coaster, and Pink Paislee washi tape

Week of September 23-29
This one came together quick because I did these in the same night, so I was in my groove by this point.
I got a little creative with a Hambly overlay at the top there. You'll see on the following week's layout that there's another Instagram sandwiching it from behind.
Pretty straightforward. I needed something else to fill the bottom center pocket, so I did a little goals recap there. Done and done!

Contents: Clementine Core Kit journaling cards, cardstock, Paper Studio polka dot paper, Hambly Screen Prints printed overlay, glitter canvas from Hobby Lobby, photos/Instagrams, random paper scraps that I'm not sure of their origin, American Crafts Thickers of course, Paper Studio calendar numbers, Colorbök chipboard tab, We R Memory Keepers journaling cards, packaging from my mini notebooks, and the Smash stamp, and lime green washi tape.

Soon and very soon I'm going to be doing a well-thought out post about my tips on catching up with PL. I've learn a lot from this marathon make-up and I want to share my quasi-wisdom with you all. I know there are procrastinators out there! ;)

Alright well I'm off to cross off 20,576,132 things off my list! Busy busy week!
<3
E

No comments: