Sunday, September 2, 2012

Project Life // Aug. 19

It's almost embarrassing posting again about Project Life because I was an utter failure the first time around. I was in a really bad place in my life and it just wasn't the right time to try a project like this. So I'm giving it another go! The point of this project isn't to kill yourself trying to force it, it's to document all the wonderful things in your life so that you'll remember what a great year you had. And I intend to do that, albeit late.

So here I have for you my layout from 2 weeks ago starting August 19:






On the top right, I put in one of our moving postcards that we sent out. I decided to make it a little flap that you can lift and read journaling underneath, so I added a little "pull" tag at the top.


The layout includes Clementine Core Kit journaling cards & stickers, Basic Grey paper, American Crafts rub ons, Thickers, Creative Memories letter stickers, & ribbon. Along with that, I used a picture of the book I was reading, a quote that got me through the week, a few pics from the new apartment, and an instagram from the farmer's market I went to. I really like the look of writing right on the photos too. I like the way this one ended up. It was fun to get back into the groove of documenting and I have another layout to share very soon.

Thoughts:

*Actually keeping up with Project Life prompts me to take more photos throughout the week and keep my eyes peeled for things to include in the album. Almost like a project to even keep my mind occupied while I'm at work.

*I've been doing only one page per week, just easing back into it. But I might progress to a 2-page spread for the next week. The beauty of this project is that there are no rules, so you can do whatever your little heart desires.

*I need more small letter stickers to use. What I have are a lot of Thickers which are quite large. So I need to get some smaller ones.

Well that's that! Off to grab a shower before heading to work. We're setting up all of our Christmas merchandise today-- hard to believe! I'm SO ready for fall. :)

<3
E





No comments: