Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Gifting Guru

Ian and I had a wedding to go to a few weekends ago and, long story short, I was unable to procure my standard wedding gift. So we were I was forced to get creative! I was trying to figure out what I was going to do for a gift because we were slightly low on cash. I knew I wanted to do something graphic since I'm a photographer and all. So I'm thinking and thinking and then I saw THIS by Elise and I was inspired!

Elise created this very chic decor piece using an 8 x 10 simple black frame, white cardstock, and a single photostrip! I've seen things similar to this before on Pinterest, but this one really struck me as special.

 I don't argue with inspiration and a good idea, so I channeled my inner Elise and ran with it. Now, I actually photographed this couple's engagement session, so I took images from their session and created my own homemade photostrip in Adobe Photoshop, then printed it on photo paper. Then I got a black frame on sale at Hobby Lobby and voila!



These photos are not fantastic because I actually forgot to take pictures of the gift until I got to the reception. So these are good 'ole iPod Touch pics. lol

But you can see how chic, modern, and personal it turned out. I wrote in Sharpie pen down the side of the strip their names and wedding date. Plus I added satin ribbon in their wedding colors and some houndstooth ribbon for good measure. ;) I'm obsessed with how it turned out.

I just thought someone might benefit from this gift idea because it's quick, inexpensive, handmade, and SO personal. This will hopefully be a keepsake that the couple will display in their newlywed nest and cherish for a long time! 

If you would like to see a digital tutorial on how I created the photostrip, just let me know in the comments!

<3
E

2 comments:

Shaina Longstreet said...

Dang girl, this idea is AWESOME!! I'd love to see how you did it. I have a couple wedding gifts to put together soon. :) Your gift turned out pretty much perfect.

Alexandra Rae said...

Super fun! I love it!

Although, I have to say, my favorite wedding gift you've ever given is this AMAZING picnic basket ;)