Saturday, June 12, 2010

Florida Chronicles: Travel in Style


Time for installment #2! Right now I'm on the road heading down to Florida, but I wanted to share with you a few different looks for traveling comfortably, while still looking put-together. Most travelers go for comfort only, so they end up looking slobbish walking through an airport or getting out at a rest stop down the road. There is no reason why you can't look totally cute and still maintain that comfort demand as well.


image found via weheartit.com


I read a great article here on how to dress for Cuteness on a flight. It was really helpful, funny, and cute! Here are a few looks I put together that I think would be perfect for a day in the car or a long flight to your destination:




Some things you really want to think about are:
*style
*keeping low on accessories
*things that are easily converted after a flight
*things that are easily taken off if needed
*items that don't really wrinkle
*bringing something along to cover your shoulders in case of a chill
*COMFORT!

These looks fit all of these qualifications. Personally, I'm wearing a striped jersey knit ruffle sleeve dress and pairing it with buckle sandals and a black cardigan. I know that with these pieces, I will be comfortable in the back seat, cool, and still presentable if we get out for dinner!

Well that's all for now! Hoepfully I'll be back later on tonight or tomorrow with some fun photos from the first day of my trip! Hope you're all staying creative!
<3
E

4 comments:

Gayle said...

I love the ring and the shoes in the second look, do you have links or can you tell me where they are from? Thanks!

Jenn said...

where at in Florida?!! Have a safe trip and be warned, it's extremely HOTT in good ole FLA. :)

The Semi Sweet said...

Back in the 50s 60s people used to dress up for traveling. It's funny to see how most people did a complete 180 into the slouchy tees and sweatpants. I love your outfits!

Unknown said...

Love the outfits! Hope you have fun in Florida. :)

I searched and searched for your e-mail address, but figured the best way to get in contact w/ you was via a comment. I was wondering if you'd like to write a guest post for Lovely Undergrad. You're so creative and crafty---I'd love if you have a diy project you'd like to share. :)

Let me know what you think and what works for you.

Have a great time!