Thursday, January 3, 2013

2012 Project Life Wrap up

Well my friends, I didn't completely finish my album for 2012. Honestly my life got out of control during the holiday season as it tends to do when you work retail. There just wasn't time. And that's ok. As Becky Higgins has said: "Project Life does not= Project 365. That always comforts me about this project... the fact that it's supposed to be snapshots of your life, not necessarily an EVERY SINGLE DAY obligatory project. So I give you my last 4 weeks of layouts that I finished for 2012.

Week of October 7-13
Let's just say working on these catch-up pages I was getting lazy. This one especially. A lot more happened this particular week than what shows on the layout, but I just didn't have it in me to create a 2 page spread. Nevertheless, I like the individual elements here.
I got a 6x6 Studio Calico scrap pad that I started using which I love. Plus the Fall theme K&Co. dye cuts came in handy on this page. I decided to journal around that leaf for something different and to create an outline.
For memorabilia, I included our voter registration cards and the story behind my trip to the BMV.

Contents: We R Memory Keepers journal tag, Studio Calico 6x6 scrap pad from the Darling Dear line, American Crafts Thickers, K&Co. fall dye cuts, glitter canvas, kraft, Instagrams, Sharpie pen & voter reg cards


Week of October 21-27
This week has one focus: pictures from the Halloween party we hosted. But I had made an insert the previous week of all the books I'd read that year. I got the idea from Janel on her blog, and I thought it was perfect! On the back of the insert, I put pics of everyone's costumes from the party.
I stuck in one of the invites we sent out to our guests. Too big to fit in a pocket, so hole punch it is!
I had lots of Halloween papers and embellishments picked out already, so I knew I wanted that color scheme. (Different from every other week I've done.) The Mike's Hard package was a must too. ;)

Contents: Clementine Core Kit journal cards, old Mod Sheets paper from SIS, American Crafts Thickers, Queen&Co. washi tape, Paper Studio letter stamps, Staz-On ink in black, K&Co. journal tag pad, the Smash stamp, photos, cupcake flag from the party, party invite, beer packaging, Sharpie pen, & Uni Ball Signo in white


Week of November 4-10
Election Week! This week had to have a patriotic color scheme for obvious reasons. I have one square blurred out with some personal info, but I used a folded journal card for the writing.

Love those star stick pins I grabbed at Archiver's!
That's the Leslie Knope election sticker I got with our Parks & Rec Season 4 DVDs. We watched the election episodes all week.
I took a screen cap of the final results from the Huffington Post election page. I thought it gave a good snapshot of the whole race. SO glad I thought to do that. Plus I downloaded that little ballot image from somewhere online. I tweeted about it, but I forget where! :/

Contents: Clementine Core Kit journal cards, American Crafts Thickers, Martha Stewart craft banner, office supply foil stars, star stick pins from Little Yellow Bicycle, kraft, Colorbök starburst clear stamp, Staz-On ink in black, various washi tapes, K&Co. fabric button brads, photos & Instagrams, screenshots, downloaded novelty ballot, Leslie Knope campaign sticker, "I voted" sticker from the polls, Sharpie pen, & Uni Ball Signo in white,


Week of November11-17
Cutesy, cutesy for this layout. We had our first snow of the season, so I threw in some snowflake stickers that I had been saving. Plus the craft fair was this week, so the rest is centered around that.
of course I added one of our business cards and made a little bow out of tissue from our booth.

On the other side of the rings, I added an altered sheet protector with all of our birthday cards given to us from the year. Just because.

Contents: Clementine Core Kit journal cards and stickers, Paper Studio glitter letters, Cosmo Cricket chipboard letter stickers, DCWV matte stack papers, various Crate Paper brand papers, business card, decorative brads, photos & Instagrams, Paper Studio gemstones & Sharpie pen

So that's that. And with that, I close the book on 2012. Moving on to better and more exciting things! Sorry for being so windy with the words, but I wanted to get it all out there and do it justice. Stay tuned for the start of PL 2013!
<3
E

No comments: