Sunday, October 7, 2012

Fall is for kraft paper

If you'll remember from my October Goals post, one of the things on that list was to throw a Halloween party! Ian and I decided to have it coincide with my birthday (Oct. 31)!!! I've been really excited to have an excuse to play with typefaces for this project and I wanted to share the invitations to our Spook Party!

This invitation design was inspired by this etsy seller's invite. Brilliant! But I wanted different wording and for it to have a more vintage creepy feel.
I created this file using Adobe Photoshop! I opened an 8.5x11 canvas with a horizontal orientation and then used guides to virtually cut the paper in half and allow for print margins. Then it was just a matter of creating a million text boxes and layers for each segment of the invite and getting the perfect typefaces to do the job! I printed them on kraft paper in black ink. Easy peasy lemon squeezy!

I wanted to get black envelopes, but the craft store was out and the only other color I liked in the 5x7 envelopes was the kraft. I drew out every guest's names in a faux calligraphy with a Sharpie pen, which was super fun!

The back is sealed with washi tape although I totally wish I had a sealing wax kit to seal them with. The little ghostie stamp is one that I carved from a linoleum block and stamped with Staz-On ink!

And there you have it! DIY Halloween invitations that cost me $3.00 total to create! I hope my guests love them! Don't forget to check out the post below for a peek at my Instagram book!

<3 E **Please note: all designs and graphics above are my own.

No comments: