Saturday, May 26, 2012

Creepy Cool

This is going to be a quickie quick post just showing off a project I finished last night. I've been on a rampage to get all of my "half-finished" and pending projects DONE! This one has been a brain child of mine since Halloween and I'm glad to wrap it up.


Yes-- I painted that human heart free hand. All I did was get an inexpensive tote bag from Hobby Lobby and paint right on the tote with acrylic paint. I just did a "dry brush" technique which allowed me to do some shading and such.


I just loved the idea of the "anatomy" theme accessories and wanted to make my own, so I did. :) (Have I used quotation marks too much in this post? I'm afraid so.) I'm trying to decide if I want to keep it or pop it in the etsy shop. What do you think? I'm also slightly afraid to wash it. Does anyone have tips for sealing acrylic paint on fabric? I don't even know if that's possible. Comment if you do!

 Also: Phoebe wanted to say hi. :)


<3
E

No comments: