Sunday, June 19, 2011

I love my Dad


Just wanted to pop in and say Happy Father's Day to the greatest dad a girl could ever ask for. :)



Here are some of my favorite memories with my Dad growing up:

cuddling on the couch when I was little
going to the jail where he worked and him showing us cool stuff
when he called me "Newt"
the Snoopy Dance
the little plastic pink Indiana Beach wallet he bought me and i thought was so cool.
learning to fish
Daddy-Daughter dances at school
him coming home from clown school with different things to show us each day
lasso-ing him in the front yard
all of his police maneuvers he would show us
going to the jewelry store to buy Mom that pearl ring for Christmas
him getting us army flashlights for Christmas like Harriet the Spy had
learning to use a pocket knife and a compass
long hiking trips, especially those with scavenger hunts involved
taking Julie (our dog) in the woods to go tracking
going out at night hunting for nightcrawlers
playing in the field near our old house: flying kites, playing softball, etc.
him taking us to Voight Park to play softball
just... everything. He was an awesome dad for 2 girls. :)



I love you Dad!

<3
E

2 comments:

Bethany Heron said...

What a lovely post! :) Your blog is great- love it! xx

stylefashionvintagebaby.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

So adorable! I'm glad you and your dad are close. :)

On an unrelated note: is there somewhere I can find an RSS subscription button on your blog? I'm trying to use Google Reader to organize all of my subscriptions but can't add yours, as I can't figure out how. I read your posts quite often and would love to organize them in with my other reading. Help! Haha.

- Jess