Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sundae*


Just a quick Sunday morning post to get your most productive day of the week going right. :] This weekend hasn't been that exciting for me due to the fact that I'm trying to get caught up on eons of homework. Ewwwie. I'm trying to make it count, though, by snapping some shots, getting a lot done, crossing things off the ever-growing list, etc.

But on the bright side, I smell flowers....and chocolate...and love....and hearts....and cuteness...
I'M GETTING READY FOR VALENTINE'S DAY!!!


I'm making some WAY cute Valentine's products for my etsy shop, so buckle your seatbelts for cuteness because I'm excited. I can't wait to use some of these things for MYSELF! haha I love love love Valentine's Day and resent anyone that calls it a "greeting card holiday" or "single's awareness day." PUKE. It doesn't have to be like that! If you don't have a sig. other, then make it about loving yourself or doing Random Acts of Kindness for others! Make it the cutest day ever...because that's what I plan to do. Keep checking back at the shop to see what I've cooked up! :]

Here is my second creation with my Zutter. It's seriously amazing. I can spiral bind practically anything now. I can make journals and books and minis and anything my little crafting heart desires. The pamphlet says it will even cut acrylic, plastic, and CD's!





This journal was made primarily out of catalog pages. I have a HUGE volume of catalogs and it just seemed fitting. There are a few recycled things and scrap papers hiding in there too. For the cover, I used an 8 1/2X11 page protector, cut it down to size and slipped in my cover page and bound it like that so that the front would be plastic. Not sure what my plan is for this book yet, but it will be monumental. lol

Hey check what my best friend Kady painted for me for Christmas! I love it so much. I brought it back to school with me to hang it but I'm not sure where its going to go yet. Somewhere cute I know.


She mimicked one of Elsie Flannigan's sock monkey characters which I love. (she and I are both huge fans.) Thanks, Kade for my special gift!

Ok now brace yourself for jealousy... haha. I found out over break that I was one of the winners for December in Hambly's giveaway! How SA-WEET is that?

Here's a peek at all my goodies I scored! TONS of clear overlays including the birdcage one I've been wanting for so long. I'm also OBSESSED with the DIY rub ons as I've already said. I can't wait to dig in to them, but i just keep telling myself they're too pretty to use. haha

You can check out more Hambly goodness here.

Just some quick pics of sketch journal pages from break. I did A LOT of sketching. Mostly at night when I had nothing better to do but watch Disney Channel and brainstorm. I'm falling in love with it all over again. :]




Wellllll that's all for now. I hope all of you are getting things done at home today. That's what SUndays are all about. (Not really but I'm going to pretend that they are so that I stay motivated haha) I also hope that some of you get a 3 day weekend this weekend like I do! YAY for doing nothing!

I think there's a little girl in all of us...

P.S. One more thing. I STILL need some more sweet ideas for the shop. Can you guys please please tell me if there's anything you'd like to see me put in there? Anything for Valentine's Day...or ideas for paintings or ANYTHING like that? Thanks. I'm open to suggestions!

P.P.S. Make sure to check out this sweet site. I love it so much. You will too...i guarantee it. lol

Later!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are making me want to get a Bind it All now! Very naughty! I don't have a credit card so will have to save for one-that, a sewing machine and a Big Shot. Think I'll put aside £50 a month so that I can get those things.

I have an inkling that ponies will be big this year, My Little Pony comeback and not those new skinny ones.

Love your blog and the things you create!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for your comment on my blog! I love those Hero Arts stamps too, I can see them being used a load this year!

And I'm drooling at the Hambly goodies, I looove their stuff.

I am going to use some of those hearts on that blog in my moleskine, so sweet!

H said...

I'm so glad you're back!! I was worried. I hope that you are feeling better. It looks like you're already back to craftiness. The Valentines Day love is cute. :]