Friday, January 3, 2014

One Little Word

unsure of exact source. Please let me know if you have it!

Not sure how many of you hop aboard the One Little Word (OLW) train, but this year I've chosen a word for myself. I've done other OLWs before but this year feels different somehow. I'm really surrendering (ooooooo! Surrender! That would be a good word...) myself to this word and taking its meaning to heart. The word I've chosen for my 2014 mantra this year is: simplify.


Simplify our home by purging TONS of what we own and don't use.
Simplify our lives by coming up with a routine that works for us.
Simplify my mind by letting go of some of the stress I carry.
Simplify our diets by eliminating some unhealthy eating habits.
Just Simplify.
Learn to live with less.


I think these OLWs really have the potential to change our lives for the better if we let each day be driven by that very idea. I've also made a healthy list of goals to tackle this year. There's just something about a fresh start that makes me giddy with anticipation for what's to come. 2013 was a year of "almosts" for me. Lots of things almost happened, meaning we had lots of good intentions and things in progress that were stalled. With simplify in tow, hopefully those "almosts" will turn into check marks.

I'd love to hear what your OLW is for the year and how you plan to incorporate it into your life!

"Do what you can
with what you have
where you are."

-Theodore Roosevelt

<3 E

No comments: