Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Guest Post: Tori's Peanut Butter & Chocolate Candy Recipe

Hi everyone! I'm Victoria (aka Tori) you've probably heard Elaine mention me before. She's my best friend and I'm so excited she asked me to guest post for her Merry and Bright blog partaaaay! So lets get to it! This recipe is super yummy, super easy and super quick because it doesn't even require using the stove - just a microwave. It's a great addition to your holiday party spread or makes a special handmade gift to give to anyone.

What you'll need:
1 package of almond bark (usually 1 lb.)
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 extra crunchy peanut-butter


Place almond bark in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Stirring frequently, microwave until almond bark melts (about three minutes.) Be careful because the bowl can get a little hot.


Stir peanut-butter into melted almond bark until completely mixed.


In another microwave-safe bowl melt the chocolate chips the same way as the almond bark. However, the chocolate chips don't take as long to melt, and will over cook and get hard quickly so keep a close watch!

Thinly spread peanut-butter mixture out on a large greased/buttered baking sheet. I promise there is enough mixture to cover the bottom of the baking sheet. Dollop the melted chocolate over the peanut-butter mixture and with a small spatula or butter knife, swirl chocolate evenly throughout.


Pop that baking sheet into the refrigerator and allow to chill for a couple of hours until the candy hardens. Then break into smaller pieces. The candy won't melt at room temperature so it's okay to set out for parties. Store in an airtight container in a cool place or even in the refrigerator. I think you could even add extra chopped peanuts if you'd like an even crunchier candy or try using peppermint bark swirled with the chocolate! Yum!


To give as a gift, I picked up some clear cellophane bags from the baking isle at my local craft store. I made tags with kraft paper and washi tape, and tied them on with some gold-flecked, red ric-rac.



And that's it! I told you it was super simple and I hope you enjoy the recipe! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! xo

***********************

Side note: Tori is going to be re-launching her blog starting the beginning of January 2013, so I'll be sure to link you up when the re-launch happens! She's going to have lots of inspiring things happening and you'll want to be in on it! :)

No comments: