Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Perfect Planning

One of my many quirks is my organization. As most of you know, my room and creative spaces are very organized, as is my life. I wanted to share with some of you what I keep in my personal day planner. I keep one of these because I have LOTS of Dr. appointments, work shifts, special events, and photography client sessions to juggle. I have to keep some sort of order of it all or my time gets unfocused and overwhelming.

This particular planner is from Franklin Covey and I LOVE it. It has all sorts of pockets and tabs that assist me in keeping all personal information in one place. I also have it in the pink cover as well. I feel that the brown is more professional and strong looking, but the pink is fun too.

Some of the things I keep in my planner are:
*a pen
*appointment cards
*important business cards and numbers
*a list of potential pending photography clients
*a few post it notes
*some photos
*stamps
*quarters to pay a parking meter
*color swatches for our room and the wedding
*frequently used information sheet

The day planner is set up with a tab for each month of the year. Inside each tab, there is a month-spread calendar, slots for each day of the month, and a monthly goals section to jot down everything you want to accomplish that month. (This is really helpful to me)

In the back, there’s also meal planner pages, personal password tracker, medical sheets, birthdays page and an alphabetized address book. If there is anything that you don’t want, or don’t think you will use, you can take it out of the rings.

If some of you are having difficulty managing your time, I suggest a day planner and this book. It’s a great way to discover new ways to manage your life that you might not have thought of before. There are chapters for each section of your life including vehicle, each room of the house, and even your MIND! ☺

I hope this was helpful to someone out there and that your summer can be relaxing but organized so you don’t lose your minds. Haha
<3
E

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all the suggestions! I usually keep my journal as a place to keep this kind of notes but I'm thinking on starting to separate these kind of issues, not sure if it'll work but I'll try =)

Alexandra Rae said...

This is amazing. Love it! :-) Love your planner!

Studio Sub Dio said...

I love your planner/binder... where did you buy it??