Friday, December 12, 2008

packages*and*bows


(new leg warmers from charlotte russe!)

Greetings on this friday morning. Mmmmm friday. weekends. crafting. no obligations. my favorite.

I've been getting caught up on my December dailies luckily. I'm up to day 6 right now and ready to start day 7! here's a look at my DD layouts I've been working on since i blogged last:
December 4:


(red cardstock, UniBall signo pen in white, believe tag from Hobby Lobby merchandise, random ribbon scraps, letter stickers by Remarks by America Crafts, metallic stickers from the Paper Studio, Starbucks brochure, staples)
December 5:


(Christmas paper, Beach mats mat stacks from Creative Memories, turquoise cardstock, black dye ink, graph paper, photo, various ribbons, staples, remarks sticker letters from American Crafts)
December 6:


(Christmas paper, brown paper bag, photo, copy paper, typewriter written letters, red cardstock, wood grain contact paper, metal Christmas frame embellishments, Paper Studio metallic sticker number, Sharpie fine tip)

I'm getting the hang of it to say the least. I just have a hard time with it feeling like its a job for me or something. maybe the fact that I'm DONE WITH CLASSES will help. :]

Aside from DD-ing, I've been doing some more painting. Mostly for gifts. I made this one for my roommate for part of her Christmas gift:



(wood plaque from Hobby Lobby:$1.27, acrylic paints: various)
She LOVED it! Rachel's desk is decorated with cute little monsters and I just couldn't resist adding to that collection. hehe. it was SO much fun to make!

Speaking of paintings, guess. what. i. bought. .....drumroll please...... AN ELSIE FLANNIGAN ORIGINAL PAINTING! It's one of her most small ones, but i love love love it. It's the one I wanted ever since she gave her online class a sneak peek at her new line of paintings! Eeeeek!

I bought the one with the red glasses on the left! i love that I know who has the sister painting too= Holly! how special is that? I bought this one because of the red glasses: i have red glasses too and i thought it was just too special. :] My parents paid for half of it for a Christmas gift. I can't wait until my painting arrives and I can figure out where I want to put her!

I've also been wrapping Christmas gifts! Seriously...do you know how much it costs to wrap gifts alone? The other day I bought just a pack of tissue and a roll of ribbon and it cost like 6 or 7 bucks! That's insane. So i decided to go the cheap route. I got a roll of gift wrap on sale @ Hobby Lobby for $3, some yarn for $2, a few packs of pom poms for $2, and I used some left over jingle bells. So for that SAME $7, I got what is essentially ribbon, wrapping paper, bows, and baubles as opposed to tissue and ribbon. WHOA. major difference. Here's the outcome of my AWESOME gift wrapping skills on a dime:


I love the way they turned out. So crafty and just FUN!

Aside from all this other lovliness. I'm guest designing at Ad This next week! I'm so excited! I haven't had a guest design position for awhile, so this was really fun. After they post the new challenge, I'll get to post my layout! :]

Also, if you've made it through this massive entry, you will now know that this coming week and I going to try VeRY hard to get some things made for my etsy shop! I have a few things in mind like: mini original paintings, another special holiday kit of sorts, maybe some bows? and MORE! You'll just have to check it out. yesssss.

Well i think that might be all for now. Phew. geez, Louise. it's been awhile since I posted, so you all deserved a big post. Loves! <3

2 comments:

Holly said...

your december scrapbook looks awesome possum!
hehe, I like how we got sister paintings too, can't wait to get mine!

I gotta hand it to ya on the gift wrap, it's fabulous! I love the red houndstooth with the pompoms, super!!

ps: I got your lovely Christmas card in the mail today, so nice!! :D I love getting mail.
xo.

bethchien said...

I love love your d.d. It looks so awesome!! Cool idea with the coffee sleeve and making it a pocket. I am in love with that houndstooth wrapping paper!! But, I would probably just scrap with it! lol