Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Power of Children

Last week I found more inspiration than most people find in a lifetime.
I found a friend named Anne Frank.

At the Children's Museum in Indianapolis, there was an exhibit called the Power Of Children. It featured Ruby Bridges, Ryan White, and Anne Frank. There were simulations of a room from each of their lives, commemorations, and quotes from them on the wall for inspiration. I found each piece of this exhibit inspiring in the fact that everyone can make a difference, and everyone is important and special to themselves if nothing else.

Leaving the museum, I bought a full novel copy of her diary and I have been reading it ever since. I'm hooked on it and I have around 15 pages earmarked and hilighted of quotes I want to remember and ones that were particularly powerful to me. I can already tell that this is going to be one of my favorite books because she had so many wise things to say for only a 13 year old girl. And...so brave.




Anne Frank just made me open my eyes and realize that the most important thing in this world is remember where you came from. There is nothing in this world more valuable than knowing exactly who you are.

No comments: