Sunday, May 23, 2010

Run Away with the Circus

Something you might not know is that my dad is a clown by part-time profession. He went to school for it when I was young and has done it for a long time. I used to think it was embarrassing, but now I think it's really cool that he makes kids happy like that and has so much fun. :) Needless to say, when I was little, we went to the circus... a LOT. I've always loved it and have many memories associated with it.

After reading Water for Elephants, I've been very inspired by circus images circa the Great Depression. There's something about escaping to that time and circus magical that is really inspiring. :)




source



source



source



source



source



source



source



source















images found via weheartit.com unless otherwise noted


Also, for those of you that didn't know, Water for Elephants will be a movie in 2011 starring Robert Pattinson and Reese Witherspoon!

brb, running away with the magical circus!
<3
E

2 comments:

Allison Drew said...

I honestly think that is one of the best books I've read all year. I'm very excited about the movie!!

Unknown said...

Oh boy, oh boy! Your post has me soooo excited about Water for Elephants and circus stuff!

Maybe I'll decorate my apartment in a circus theme this fall... heh.

;)